Saturday, March 24, 2007

A new beginning

Hi my name is Leroy. I first saw the world on 10 October 1990 in a cold operating theatre in Mount Elizabeth hospital. Weighing just 3kg plus then, my weight had since multiplied to an awesome 50-odd kg within a short span of 17 years. At a young age of 4, I began my journey to pursue knowledge starting from a nursery then to the kindergarten. There, I learned to write, both in English and Chinese. Seemingly effortless now, it was chore to do so back then. The fun that I had was also an integral part of my childhood life. Soon enough I graduated from kindergarten and began the next phase of my education in Jing Shan Primary School. The days spent in primary school were both fun and fulfilling. However, the stress started to pile on when I was in primary six when everyone was preparing hard for the upcoming PSLE. After graduation from primary education, I went on to Anderson Secondary School. I took up NPCC as my co-curricular activity. It was tough but worthwhile as it prepared me for the NS. The secondary school days were fun but the fun was short-lived as even before I knew it, it was the prelimary examination then the ‘o’-levels examinations. Upon graduation, I moved on to Anderson junior college and am now currently studying there.
I have never enjoyed playing soccer when I was young, having a mentality that it was a brainless game- fancy having several grown up men chasing for a ball. But however, it all changed when I grew older and began liking the sport. It became enjoyable and soon believing that it is a good form of exercise to sweat it all out.

No comments: